We are happy to share we have successfully operated all our summer 2021-2022 trips completely COVID-free.
Created for Adventure is committed to safety and best industry practices that guide all our operations. The health and well-being of our students and staff is our top priority.
CFA operates programs in many different environments and locations across the United States. Each of these offer their own set of risks and rewards. Traveling in the backcountry, in wilderness areas, seashores, rivers, and many other environments come with inherent risks, and now of course we live in a world with COVID-19.
COVID-19 comes with added concerns and logistical challenges, but Created for Adventure has the preparation, training and the best practices implemented to keep our campers safe. With your help we look forward to another great summer of safe, adventurous travel.
Providing the Safest Possible Experience
Moving forward, we will continue to consult with medical professionals, industry leaders and others to create the safest possible experience. CFA is constantly researching, examining, consulting reputable resources to guide our policies. These resources include:
- Federal, state, and local public health experts
- The American Camping Association
- Peer Organizations
- Medical Advisors
- Local Governmental Agencies
Potential Changes in Operations
COVID is an ever-evolving situation. It is possible that best practices and trip logistics change (even last-minute) due to recommendations from our medical advisors, industry leaders, and government officials. CFA will decide when and under what conditions trips will operate using their advice and our best judgment.
Precautions prior to Arrival
Do not travel to your CFA Trip if you have COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell), have in the past 14 days been in close contact with someone suspected or confirmed as having COVID-19, or if you are confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
We ask that you follow these steps to lessen exposure to coronavirus for 2 weeks prior to your trip:
- Even if vaccinated, you must provide a negative test for COVID-19 taken no more than 24 hours before the trip start date.
- Avoid close contact with large crowds
- Frequent hand washing
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms
- Provide a negative test for COVID-19 taken no more than 24 hours before the trip start date. Campers do NOT have to get a PCR/molecular test prior to their adventure. At-home molecular or antigen test (including rapid tests) will be accepted. Created for Adventure will NOT require proof of result; rather, we as that families honor this requirement and call us immediatley if their child tests positive 828-577-2743.
We believe that this decision for vaccine should be decided between you and your doctor. Please consult with your doctor prior to the trip if a COVID vaccine is right for you.
CFA does not require that students obtain a vaccine. However, we will follow all local, state, and federal laws. If at some point vaccines are mandated for air travel, entry into states or other restrictions, CFA guidelines will reflect these laws.
While traveling on Check-in Day
- If traveling by air, follow all govermental and airport rules and regulations
- Wear masks when near large crowds and in close quarters
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Carry and use hand sanitizers
During your CFA Trip
Upon arrival, CFA staff will perform an initial health check and then continue to monitor students' health throughout the trip. If anyone shows signs and sympotms of we will monitor students' health. If anyone shows signs and symptoms of COVID-19, we will test of COVID-19.
Unexpected Symptoms or Illness on a CFA Trip
If a student does test positive, they will be safely isolated from the group. Parents and healthcare providers will be contacted immediately. Parents may need to make arrangements to pick up their child upon testing positive. All costs associated with testing, additional travel and lodging would be the family's responsibility.
We strongly suggest families to obtain trip cancellation and interruption insurance that includes COVID-19 coverage.
After your CFA Trip